Online Auction Listings Success Tips
Online auctions could be a good means to earn a good amount of online income, even residual income.
You could very well become a member of an auction site and buy and sell products for a profit. The profit comes in as the bidders will bid for sums higher than what you bought the product for. Here you need to have a discerning eye. If you are discerning about the product you purchase, you will have bought a product that has a good selling potential, which means you will be able to turn it over for a good profit.
However, there are some simple things you can do to make your listing effective that don’t involve a course in creative writing.
Sometimes the difference is just in the way you describe your product.
Therefore, my advice to you in this issue is to think carefully about the design of your auction listings. More time spent on your listing now can mean MUCH less time spent redesigning them in the future. I will give you a few things to think about when designing your online auction listings but you may think of more.
1) Ebay ID:- When choosing an eBay ID you need to think about using one that both reflects your line of business and also sticks to eBay policy.
I know that it may be tempting to use **yourwebsitename** as a User ID but that is a violation of eBay policy and they will make you change it eventually. If you have to change your User ID then you have to change every Feedback and About Me link in all your listings. Choosing a User ID which is within eBay policy will save you a lot of time in the future.
2) About Me Page:- Do you have an About Me page? If not you should get one as it is one of the best promotion tools you have on eBay.
If you do have one you really should link to it in your auctions as from the About Me page has much fewer restrictions than your other eBay pages (for example you can link to your own website). If you want to promote yourself on eBay the About Me page is the best way to do it and the best way to increase traffic to your About Me page is promote it fully.
3) Ebay Store:- If you have an eBay store then it is essential that you provide a link to it within your auction listings.
Many customers who view your auctions will not know that you have an eBay store or if they do they may not know exactly what one is. If you want to maximise your sales potential you need to make as many customers aware of your eBay store as possible. Putting a simple sentence at the top of your auction listings such as “Can’t wait for this auction to end? Then Click Here to purchase it right now from my eBay store” will give your eBay store maximum exposure in your eBay auctions.
4) Email Addresses:- Make sure that all relevant email addresses are included in your auction listing.
Your PayPal email address must be in here to avoid similar problems to the ones I experienced. All the email addresses you wish to be contacted on should also be included as well. For example I include my PayPal email email@example.com, my delivery enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org, and my general enquiries email email@example.com. Even if you only have one email address which is the same as the one associated with your “Contact the Seller” you should still include an email link in your auction description simply because it makes it easier for the customer.
5) Ebay Store Custom Pages:- If you have an eBay store you are allowed to design custom pages for whatever purpose you see fit.
If these custom pages are in any way relevant to the auction then you should include a link to them too.
6) Images:- Have you put in all the images you want to use to promote your auction.
If not make sure they are all included.
7) Get A Digital Camera!
You are going to be taking a lot of photos so invest in a good digital camera. The better
your photos are, the more sales you will make.
8) Buying Too Much!
This is one of the most common mistakes that people make. They are so anxious to get their Ebay business off the ground quickly, and they’re so optimistic about making tons of money, they buy more product than they could possibly sell. And if the product they bought has no market, they are out an awful lot of money. So start conservatively. Once you see that you’re making a few sales, you can always buy more.
- If you have one then a store logo is a great way to promote your store, make you look more professional, and hopefully increase traffic and sales.If you’re really efficient and a quick worker, you can probably get an Ebay campaign going, depending on how complex it is, in about a week.The next thing we’re going to do is start small. Yeah, I know, you want to go contact a drop shipper and sell millions of dollars worth of product in a minute. Do yourself a favor. Look around your house first and see if there is anything laying around that you can sell. That’s how most people start and that’s how I want you to start in order to get your feet wet.If you need help launching a business or bolstering your entrepreneurial skills, access free online courses from leading universities and industry experts.What to sell and where to get the stuff from.This is where things get real exciting. Finding things to hock on Ebay is not easy. Actually, it is the toughest part of this whole business and the one thing that either makes people drop out of not even start in the first place.You simply have to know where to look. What that comes down to is finding a good supplier. They’re out there. You just have to find them. One killer way of getting your hands on great products is to go right to the people selling them on Ebay. The powersellers usually have a ton of product and will be more than happy to sell you some at slightly more than wholesale. So while you may not make as much as with a product you bought at wholesale, you can still make a profit. Thinking outside the box and getting creative. It’s just one of the many ways you can do this. Yes, you can even go to your competition and make money.
For example, you find somebody who has an old vase to sell. They want $100 for the vase. You tell them that you want a $20 fee for selling it. You take the vase, put it up for auction starting at $100. If it goes for more, say $120, you take your $20 fee from the $100, then from the additional $20, you take that, giving you a profit of $40 for selling somebody else’s item. Worst case scenario is that nobody buys it at $100 and you’re only out your Ebay selling fee.
We can also do this in reverse. We can buy an item for somebody. Let’s say somebody you know wants that same vase. They’re willing to go as high as $150 for it. So they give you the $150. You look for an auction, see that the vase is going for $110 and the bidding stops there. You big $111 and get it for that price. You go back to the person who asked you to buy the vase, give it to him and you’ve just made $39. Sure, he’s going to haggle over the price but you explain to him that it was only through your great bidding skills that you were able to get it for that price. Finally, you agree to give him $10 back, keeping $29 for yourself.
In both of these scenarios, you didn’t use any of your own money or your own product. You basically just did the legwork for other people who had things they either wanted to sell or buy. Yes, you do have to go out and do some hunting for these opportunities, but this is the cheapest way to start your Ebay business because the only thing it’s going to cost you, if you’re a seller, is your Ebay fee.
One thing you must understand about online auctions is that volume sales come from volume postings. You are not going to sell everything that you post. So if you want to do a large number of sales then you have to put up a large number of items to be sold. However you still want each listing to be as effective as possible.
- Dropshipping is a simple method that anyone can use
- To quickly make money online here’s why dropshipping is so powerful…You can get started with dropshipping right away since you don’t have to buy any inventory to get started.
You’re providing real value and giving people what they want when you offer physical products online.
Getting started takes just a couple of hours of setup time when you know what you’re doing.Margins are great… You’ll very often seen 50-150%+ margins when selling physical products online with dropshipping.Let’s start with the title of the ad, since this is going to be the first thing that the person sees. You want it to stand out and be to the point. You also want it to be crystal clear as to what it is. You want your listing to be to the point and interesting as well. You want to highlight the selling points of your product. Why should somebody buy from you and not from somebody else? What makes YOUR product the better one?If you feel you do not fit the profile of a copy writer, you can still make an amazing amount of money.
Remember that the Internet allows you to reach out to a global level to creative writers from all over the world. The following are some freelance websites where you need to make an account and list a job for a creative writer. Ebay listing help by placing an order on Fiverr.com, Get a Freelancer to do the grunt work at getafreelancer.com or elance.com and guru.com.For practical ecommerce training I recommend the reading the following articles:
There is no fast track to success in ecommerce, or any other type of business. I owned and operated a successful ecommerce company for 10 years. We sold that business, and …
15 Free Online Courses For Entrepreneurs
If you need help launching a business or bolstering your entrepreneurial skills, access free online courses from leading universities and industry experts. Here is a list of free online courses for …